DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPE FOR VEGETARIAN PIZZA
Eat as much pizza as you like with this easy recipe for a healthy Vegetarian Pizza!
Nonstick cooking spray
1 small sweet red pepper
1 cup prepared tomato salsa
1 12-inch 100% whole wheat pizza crust
1/4 cup cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
1 1/3 cups canned black beans
1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat 2 percent mozzarella
– Seed and slice the sweet red pepper thinly
– Trim and slice the scallions thinly
– Drain and rinse the black beans
1. Warm up the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray a baking sheet with the nonstick cooking spray.
3. Put the crust on baking sheet and top with mozzarella, sliced red pepper, salsa, beans and scallions. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Place pizza in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro if desired.
7. Cut into six slices and serve.
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 18 minutes
Yield: 3 servings