Quick & Healthy Recipe for Seafood and Apple Salad
A wonderful healthy fish-based main course with lots of fresh apples, perfect for dinner with friends or family. This dish is very easy, quick to prepare and still makes for a proper main course. The apples makes it a popular salad for kids!
1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
45g (1/4 cup) chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (see note)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 small Red Rascal potatoes, washed, cut into 3cm pieces (see note)
4 (about 160g each) firm white fish fillets
1 large Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
1. Biol the potato in boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain the potatoes.
3. In the meantime, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Sprinkle the fish with parsley.
5. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until the fish flakes, when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
6. Mix the vinegar, mustard, and remaining oil in a large bowl.
7. Add the watercress, potato, macadamia and apple.
8. Toss gently.
9. Divide the different portions and serve!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings