Delicious & Healthy Recipe for Mexican Chicken Pan
Being fit and living healthy starts with eating healthy and with recipes like these, eating healthy becomes a lot more fun! This recipe for a Mexican Chicken Pan is easy to prepare and the result will be delicious! So start losing weight, have fun and eat nice all at once!
8 small chicken drumsticks
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
1 medium red capsicum, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes
375g jar medium thick and chunky salsa
2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1/3 cup SunRice White Long Grain Rice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat Oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Combine the oregano, garlic, ground coriander, chili powder and half the oil in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and rub the chili mixture over the chicken.
- Heat the remaining oil in a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat.
- Bake chicken, turning, until the chicken is browned and then remove the heat
- Add the tomato, salsa, onion, capsicum and stock to the pan
- Turn chicken to coat
- Cook for 50 minutes turning the chicken halfway
- Add beans and rice
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until rice is tender and chicken cooked through
- Stir in the chopped coriander and sprinkle with coriander leaves
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 80 minutes
Ready in: 95 minutes
Yield: 4 servings