Quick & Healthy Recipe for Browned Smoked Sausage Casserole
Healthy and easy recipe for everyone who loves chicken, with green beans and sour cream. Absolutely perfect main course for family dinners or friends over, ready in just one hour!
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (6 ounce) box chicken-flavored stuffing mix
1 (13.5 ounce) package Johnsonville® Smoked Split Rope Sausage, diced
3 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked according to package directions and drained
1/3 cup chicken stock
3/4 cup sour cream
1. Cook sausage over medium heat until lightly browned in a non-stick skillet
2. Add beans to skillet
3. Turn off the heat
4. Mix soup and sour cream in a small bowl
5. Pour over sausage mixture
6. Stir gently.
7. Mend stuffing mix and butter in a bowl
8. Spoon one-half of stuffing mixture in a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish
9. Cover with sausage mixture
10. Top with remaining stuffing mixture.
11. Sprinkle with chicken stock.
12. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings