Quick & Healthy Recipe for Baked Coconut Shrimp
This crunchy baked coconut shrimp is baked instead of fried, and so easy! Great for dinner or as an appetizer, also a very good way to get children to eat shrimp! You can serve with orange marmalade for dipping or withour sauce just as a healthy snack!
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
1 pound large shrimp
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– Beat the 3 egg whites until foamy
– Peel and deveine the pound of large shrimp
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray lightly.
3. Dry shrimp with paper towels.
4. Mend cayenne pepper, salt, and cornstarch in a shallow bowl.
5. Put coconut flakes in a separate shallow bowl.
6. Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge it in the cornstarch mixture, then dip it in the egg white, and roll it in the coconut, making sure to coat the shrimp well.
7. Put on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat this process with the other shrimps.
8. Bake the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
9. Flip every shrimp halfway through.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings